Orchard Village Careers
Join our team!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that works each day to support individuals with developmental disabilities?
Orchard Village offers a comprehensive training and development program and excellent benefits for eligible employees:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal/Sick Time
- 401k with generous match
- Tuition reimbursement
Professional level employment opportunities:
Orchard Village is currently seeking an individual to serve as the organization's President & CEO:
President & CEO
We seek a compassionate leader with a proven track record of accomplishment leading mission-driven organizations, facing multiple challenges, instituting successful change and managing highly qualified staff. This person must be able to demonstrate a comfort with and commitment to people with developmental disabilities. The ideal candidate will have a proven background as an Executive Director/CEO of a not-for-profit organization or second level executive with a track record of increasing responsibility.
The successful candidate will have strong connections to the Greater Chicagoland business, political and philanthropic communities. S/he will be able to demonstrate fundraising success, as part of his or her career responsibilities or as a fundraising volunteer, through active solicitation of contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations. The candidate we seek will possess the skills to articulate and motivate all stakeholders around the vision and then execute on the plan through effective management practices including the areas of finance, personnel, marketing, development, facilities and program operations.
Orchard Village has been serving the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities in Chicago and in the north and northwest suburban communities since 1972. Recognized as a 501(c)(3) public charity, Orchard Village currently serves 300 adults and children and provides Residential, Vocational and In-Home services as well as educational programming through Orchard Academy. The organization supports people with a variety of disabilities including those diagnosed with I/DD (intellectual/developmental disabilities) cerebral palsy, Autism, Down Syndrome, mental illness and dual diagnosis. The facilities are licensed by the State of Illinois and the organization has an operating budget of $6.2 million with approximately 140 employees.
Applications and nominations are being received by Kittleman & Associates, LLC. To apply, please send a current resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Other positions may be available:
- Qualified Support Professional (QSP) and Home Manager-- Manage a customer caseload or manage a group home for adults with developmental disabilities
- Other positions may be available
Entry-level employment opportunities:
Positions may be available:
- Full and Part-time Direct Support Professional (DSP)--Support adults with developmental disabilities in our group homes
- Part-time Personal Support Worker (PSW)/Respite Worker--Support a child or adult at the family's home, one-on-one
All Direct Support Professional (DSP) and Personal Support Worker (PSW) positions require an individual to meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years old
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift/transfer
- Ability to pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Completion of a physical exam and TB test within 14 days of hire
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Positions are available in a variety of settings and during a variety of shifts (days, evenings, overnights, weekends)
For more information on career opportunities or positions at Orchard Village, please contact:
Olga Childers, Director Human Resources (847) 967-1800 ext. 175